Gasket’s Seal’s primary customers are businesses that have commercial kitchens; like restaurants, cafeterias, schools, and hospitals. We also service businesses that have commercial freezer/refrigeration units: like meat/vegetable storage, convenient stores, and grocery stores.
There are several advantages to using Gasket seal:
- Cost – You are dealing with a single company: the same person is measuring; building and installing your gaskets, cutting out the middle man saving you mark up costs (typically ½ the cost of other service companies)
- Free estimates – Your initial appointment we come to your business, inspect and measure your gaskets and provide you with a no obligation estimate free of charge. At that point you will see you how much money we can save you.
- Quality – Family owned and operated business delivering the best quality gaskets to your personal satisfaction.
- Time – Gasket seal works around your schedule, at off peak hours. We also make gaskets locally and will be in and out of your business in 2 appointments 2 to 3 days apart.
- Local – Gasket Seal is located in the Boise valley so you are dealing with a family owned business in the same community where you do business ensuring quick response and turnaround times
The treasure valley (Ada and Canyon counties) and neighboring areas; typically any town within 60 miles of Boise Idaho. We will travel outside this area but the job will include a reasonable trip charge. Click the map for more details.
Four-sided gaskets look like a picture frame and seal a door to the jamb on all 4 sides, but on walk-in units that don’t have a significant bottom jamb or threshold there is no surface to seal the bottom side of the gaskets. These types of units use a 3-sided gasket that has 2 sides and a top, but no bottom portion. The bottom of the door is sealed with a separate sweep gasket/door sweep, similar to the kind on the bottom of exterior doors at your house, except built specifically for the colder environments found inside walk-in refrigeration units. We can build gaskets in both 3 and 4 sided configurations depending on what your walk-in unit came equipped with originally.
Sweep gaskets are typically mounted to the bottom of walk-in refrigeration doors that don’t have a bottom jamb or threshold and work in conjunction with a 3-sided gasket. Since there is no vertical surface at the bottom of these types of units there is no place for a conventional gasket to seal. A vertical piece of neoprene or rubber is mounted on the bottom of the door that rubs the floor and blocks the cold air from escaping from the walk-in unit when the door is closed. If you discover your walk-in door sweep is worn out, give us a call, we can replace it.
Gaskets are manufactured out of 2 types of material PVC Vinyl and Santoprene.
PVC: the majority of all gaskets are manufactured from PVC Vinyl unless otherwise noted. The gaskets that originally came on your equipment were probably made from PVC vinyl.
Santoprene: Gaskets built from Santoprene are stiffer and more durable and require longer settle times to adjust to the installation. Doors and cabinets faces need to be in good condition so they will seal properly. It also has a wider operating temperature range than standard PVC vinyl and makes it a better choice in warming cabinets and blast chillers. Santoprene is more resistant to breakdown from oil, grease and most harsh chemicals like chlorine, so they are ideal in “problem” installations, especially galley cook lines where gaskets are exposed to heat, cooking grease, heavy use, and harsh cleaning solutions.
The major disadvantages of Santoprene are:
Yes, once you are an established customer, Gaskets Seal will stop by on a quarterly basis and inspect your gaskets and again provide you a free estimate before leaving.
Gasket Seal provides and services refrigeration door hinges, latches, closures, pulls, rollers, brackets and door sweeps.
In most cases labor is included in the price for the manufacture and install of the gaskets, and strip curtains. Hardware price includes labor to install the associated hardware.